Saturday, May 31, 2014

You

It's been 27 hours since I last saw you and the conversation we had has been lingering in my mind ever since. We talked about a lot of things. About you. About me. About us. We talked as if the years didn't push us apart. We used to be younger, naive, and scared, but time has changed us and I'd like to think that we're better people now.

Despite knowing you for six years, there's always something new that we could talk about. I learned so much more about you in the four hours we spent together on your rooftop than the time I thought we were really close.

I'm am and probably will always be drawn towards you. Thank you for letting me in again and trusting me with things you couldn't tell your other friends. I don't know where this new page in our lives will take us but I know that as long as I have you around, things will be okay because you make me say things about myself that I couldn't ever say out loud. You make me realize things about myself that I never even noticed. You see the good in me and you see how much I've changed from that high school girl you used to be in love with. You make me want to be that amazing person that you see in me.

I never told you but I shouldn't have taken you for granted. You told me to fall in love with hope, and that's what I'm trying to do. Falling in love with hope that one day you'll start falling for me too.

No comments:

Post a Comment